January 15, 2017

The Lord's Love For Us....

"Eternally Encircled in His Love"
Sister Bonnie D. Parkin
October General Conference 2006


" I know of a young mother with five little children who called an older sister, her valued mentor, and asked, "Can we go  on a hike?" Her friend knew that meant she needed to talk. Halfway through an eight-mile loop, the young mother finally said , 'I just can't believe that Heavenly Father loves me; I've made lots of mistakes in my life. I can't feel that I'm worthy of his love; how can He possibly love me?' Sisters, this was a woman who made temple covenants and was  active in the Church. And yet she still felt unworthy of His love. The older sister quickly responded, “Of course He loves you. You’re His daughter. Do we frequently reject the Lord’s love that He pours out upon us in much more abundance than we are willing to receive? Do we think we have to be perfect in order to deserve His love? When we allow ourselves to feel “encircled about eternally in the arms of his love,” 1 we feel safe, and we realize that we don’t need to be immediately perfect. We must acknowledge that perfection is a process. This is a gospel of eternal progress, and we must remember to appreciate the journey."

No comments :

Post a Comment