September 7, 2008

What CAN I Do?


"Wherefore, Settle This in Your Hearts" Y

Elder Larry W. Gibbons
October General Conference 2006

" In a talk  at BYU in 1994, Rabbi Harold S. Kushner said' I'm a traditional Jew, and I observe the biblical dietary laws.......I suspect most of you assume I go around all day saying to myself, 'Boy, would I love to eat pork chops, but that mean old God won't let me.' Not so. the fact...... is, I go around all day saying, 'Isn't it incredible? There are five billion people on this planet and God cares what I have for lunch [and] what kind of language I use'
......I am not diminished by being told there are certain things I may not do because they are wrong. Rather, it enhances me."

1 comment :

  1. Born July 30, 1942, Logan, Utah
    Missionary to the Netherlands 1961-64
    Married LaDawn Anderson, July 21, 1967, Logan Utah Temple; two children
    Undergraduate studies at Stanford University; Medical Doctrate, University of Utah (1970); Master of Public Health, Harvard (1978)
    Military service: U.S. Army, 1971-74, reached rank of major
    Employment: President and medical director of the Cooper Clinic in Dallas, Texas
    Seminary Teacher; Stake President; Regional Representative; Area Seventy
    Second Quorum of the Seventy, 2006-present

    Resource: http://www.gapages.com/gibbolw1.htm

    ReplyDelete