February 13, 2008

Give It Your All!


Dr. Lewis Smedes -

"Guilt was not my problem as I felt it. What I felt most was a glob of unworthiness that i could not tie down to any concrete sin I was guilty of. What I needed more than a pardon was a sense that God accepted me, owned me, held me, affirmed me, and would never let go of me even if he was not too much impressed with what he had on his hands."



Elder D. Todd Christofferson - Priesthood Session Oct. 2006 -


"Are our young men developing into worthy companions that such women can look up to and respect?"
Good men sometimes make mistakes. A man of integrity will onestly face and correct his mistakes, and that is an example we can respect. Sometimes men try but fail. Not all worth objectives are realized despite one's honest and best efforts. True manhood is not always measured by the fruits of one's labors but by the labors themselves - by one's striving.

1 comment :

  1. The Rev. Dr. Lewis Smedes (1921-2002) was a professor of theology and ethics at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California from 1968 till his retirement in 1995. Before that he served for several years in church pastoral ministry (he was ordained in the Christian Reformed Church throughout his career) and taught religion and theology for ten years at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

    Dr. Smedes is most well-known as the best-selling author of over fifteen books on Christian life. His ground-breaking book, Forgive and Forget, sold nearly a million copies. His final book, My God and I: A Spiritual Memoir, was published posthumously in 2003. His deep faith, his kindness and compassion, his keen insights into our human struggles, his practical application of the Bible, and his compelling use of words has endeared Lewis Smedes to hundreds of thousands of readers. (information from www.smedesvideo.org/products.htm)

    D. (David) Todd Christofferson
    * Born 1945 American Fork, Utah
    * Baptized as a child
    * Mission to Argentina
    * Married Katherine Thelma Jacob 1968; five children
    * Bishop, Stake President, Regional Representative
    * First Quorum of the Seventy 1993-present
    * Presidency of the Seventy 1998-present
    (information from http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/w/o/wol3/chrisdt1.htm)

    ReplyDelete